Friday, February 8, 2008

HALF MARATHON







Commentary on these photos:
1) Me nervous and getting ready at the start.

2)My sweet Kyle was a great support

3)Me fighting the tears after I crossed the finish line

4)Kyle was there cheering me on when I crossed the finish line

5)I was so happy to be done!

On Saturday, Feb 2nd I ran a 1/2 Marathon. The race was in honor of a little girl named London who died of Leukemia about 3 years ago. Running this race was an awesome experience for many reasons. I was inspired by the love and determination of others, and the energy that I feel when I am surrounded by runners. It's awesome! Also I felt so good about myself and the work and preparation that I put into running this race. Having a baby it wasn't always easy for me to get out and run when I wanted to, but I made it happen I achieved my goal of not only runnning the full 13.1 miles without stopping but also finishing in 2 hours. I was ecstatic and even moved to tears after I crossed the finish line. For me, it was a huge accomplishment.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH!! I loved this post!Looking at your post and my post about this they look the same!!! I love it.. you got more pictures than I did though- way to go

Hina Schneider said...

Wow that is amazing. Good job on the run. Its great that they have these kind of runs for people who are fighting diseases these days. Like women with breast cancer. Anyways, pics look great you look in great shape. Your little boy is so cute and adorable.

Unknown said...

You GO girl!!! That is a LONG run! I can't believe you ran the whole time! You are in such great shape for having a baby less than a year ago!

P.S.
email me so I can invite you to my blog.

foreverfamily04@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

Bobbi you are amazing. I don't know how to do it. Congrats!

Unknown said...

HAHAHA THIS IS JO NOT JEREMY!!